Creating A Home Inventory Checklist Now Can Help You Recover Faster After A Loss in Drexel Hill, PA
Take The Time To Document Your Belongings Before A Disaster Strikes Drexel Hill, PA
After a disastrous event in which you lost personal property from your home, it may be difficult to recall the details of all your belongings. In this situation, having a current inventory of your personal property, including make and model numbers, may help you with any potential insurance claims. Taking the time to document your belongings now can help you recover faster after a loss.
Steps You Can Use To Help Prepare You Home Inventory Checklist
Step 1: Walk Through Your Home. Compiling a comprehensive home inventory takes time and effort. The more detailed your inventory, the more useful it will be if you have to make a claim. Document personal property inside your home and on your property that may be of value.
Step 2: Keep Your Inventory in a Safe Place. Creating a digital home inventory and storing it off-site will help ensure that it won’t be lost, stolen or damaged during any disaster at your home. You can also create a photo or video inventory and upload it to a cloud-based service.
- Take a picture of relevant rooms or items. Label pictures of rooms and important individual items with a description, including where you bought it and the make, model and serial number. Don’t forget to inventory items that may be out of sight in storage closets or drawers.
- Walk through your home or office using your phone to shoot video of the contents, describing them as you go.
- Digital home inventory programs allow you to upload multiple photos of each item, including photos of the serial number, receipt and other identifying details. If you choose to create a paper version, consider storing it off-site in a safe deposit box.
Step 3: Update Your Inventory Often. When you make a significant purchase, add the information to the inventory while the details are fresh in your mind. This is also a good time to delete items that you have replaced or no longer own.
Step 4: Remember Your Business Assets. While most people think of their home when making an inventory, it is important to document the contents of your business, if applicable, as well.
Step 5: Consider Valuable Items. Valuable items like jewelry, art, and collectibles may have increased in value since you brought them into your home. Check with your insurance company to make sure that you have adequate insurance coverage for these items as they may need to be insured separately. Consider putting jewelry or other valuables that you don’t often wear or use in a safe deposit box.
When disaster hits your property in Drexel Hill, PA and you need restoration services, Call SERVPRO of Bear/New Castle, DE at (302) 392-6000
- Delaware County, PA Celebrates National Preparedness Month
- Preparation Is Key…Have A Disaster Plan
- Make A Disaster Plan Before A Disaster Strikes
- Prepare Your Emergency Survival Kit In Advance
- Understand How To Receive Emergency Alerts And Warnings In Delaware County, PA
- SERVPRO of Upper Darby, PA & The American Red Cross Join Forces For A Greater Cause
- Never A Convenient Time For A Disaster To Strike Your Delaware County, PA Commercial Property.
SERVPRO of Upper Darby, PA understands the stress and worry that comes with a fire or water damage and the disruption it causes your life and in your home or business. Our goal is to help minimize the interruption to your life and quickly make it "Like it never even happened."
SERVPRO of Upper Darby, PA specializes in the cleanup and restoration of residential and commercial properties after a fire damage, smoke damage, water damage and/or mold contamination, as well as provides trauma cleanup, vandalism cleanup, carpet cleaning and duct cleaning services for your home or business.
Our staff is highly trained in property damage restoration. From initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO’s corporate training facility to regular IICRC-industry certifications, rest assured our staff is equipped with the knowledge and experience to restore your property. With a nationwide system of qualified franchises, no damage is too large or too small for SERVPRO of Upper Darby, PA.
If you would like to schedule service for your home or business, please call us at (610) 352-0700
Visit us online to meet our team and learn more about our services.