Avoid A Flooded Basement Caused by Sump Pump Failure
If Your Sump Pump Fails, Your Basement Could Flood
Your sump pump is often your last line of defense against flooding. It works by safely diverting water away from your house and is especially important during times of heavy rain when it puts your home at risk of water damage. If your sump pump fails, you could find your basement flooded. If this happens, it is important to act fast! Water damage can be a progressive issue and if not dealt with in a timely manner, this could lead to structural damage, mold and much more.
Avoid A Flooded Basement
- It is important to make sure your sump pump is in working order. Otherwise you risk the chance that it could fail when you need it most.
- Check the float control to make sure it is free and not restricted or hung up.
- Occasionally, test your sump pump to ensure it is working properly. You can do this by filling the pit with water and watch to see if it is pumped away. If not, you may have a problem.
- After heavy rains, check the sump pump inlet screen for any blockages. Blockage is one of the leading causes of sump pump failure.
- Replace the battery backup every 2-3 years. The last thing you need is to find out your batter backup is dead in the middle of a power outage during a big storm.
Have Water or Flood Damage?
Call SERVPRO of Upper Darby – (610) 352-0700
Why Choose SERVPRO of Upper Darby?
When your home has water damage from a flooded basement, you need the company that can respond immediately. SERVPRO of Upper Darby’s highly trained technicians will employ specialized equipment and techniques to restore your home or business back to pre-storm condition.