Tips and Best Practices to Minimize Your Risk
Cities and states are taking increasingly drastic measures to curb the severity of the pandemic, including the closing of bars, restaurants, and public venues. In some areas, officials have issued “shelter in place” orders in order to compel residents to stay in their homes and limit movement. To further protect yourself, minimize your exposure with the following tips:
Practice Good Hygiene
- Clean hands with sanitizer and wash your hands frequently
- Avoid touching your face and cover coughs and sneezes
- Disinfect “high touch” surfaces like doorknobs, light switches, tables, doorknobs, and handrails regularly
- Increase ventilation by opening windows or adjusting air conditioning
At The Office
- Stop shaking hands – use other noncontact methods of greeting
- Use videoconferencing for meetings when possible
- When not possible, hold meetings in open, well-ventilated spaces
- Disinfect “high touch” surfaces like desks, keyboards, light switches, doorknobs, and telephones
- Consider adjusting or postponing large meetings or gatherings
Stay Home If...
- You are feeling sick
- You have a sick family member in their home
Illness from COVID-19 is wide ranging, from mild to severe symptoms and death. According to the CDC, symptom may appear two days to two weeks after exposure:
- Shortness of breath
It is important to consult your medical provider if you develop any severe or concerning symptoms.
Here to Help and Ready to Respond
SERVPRO of Upper Darby professionals are uniquely prepared during this unprecedented time to clean and disinfect your home or business according to the protocols set forth by the CDC. We have years of experience in dealing with biological contaminants, and we will go beyond the scope of work that regular janitorial staff perform on a daily basis. Our professionals are trained to perform a proactive cleanup that involves facility or structure cleaning and disinfection. Cleanup procedures generally include cleaning of porous and non-porous surfaces, disinfecting of non-porous surfaces, cleaning and disinfecting of equipment, tools, and/or supplies used for cleanup process, and disposal of waste.