What is FEMA?
Located within the Department of Homeland Security, the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) is responsible for coordinating the federal government's response to natural and manmade disasters
Many homeowners are unaware of this support system for victims of domestic disasters. Every year the most common, and expensive, national disaster is flooding. Even without flood insurance, people impacted by flood waters can get some monetary relief.
What Options Does FEMA Offer?
Renters, homeowners, and business owners have the choice to purchase a policy directly through The National Flood Insurance Program. This is a good decision if your home is located in a flood plain. However, even if you are not covered, there are two additional options to help fund flood damage repair of your home and property:
- Apply for a grant, which does not need to be paid back. This money is for disaster-related expenditures such as emergency repairs to your home or short-term housing while your house is unlivable. Grants are not intended to fund complete restoration, but rather to help you return your home to a safe condition.
- Apply for a disaster loan, which does need to be paid back. However, you can borrow enough money to completely restore your home to pre-flood condition.
How Do Homeowners Access Support?
- You are eligible for FEMA’s programs when a declared disaster causes damage to your home or property. A member of your household must be a US citizen or qualified alien. You may be eligible for other types of assistance if the members of your home are undocumented.
- You can apply for grants or loans at https://www.disasterassistance.gov.
- An inspector will contact you to inspect the damage. The next step includes working with a qualified flood and water restoration specialist, who restores your home and personal property.
Storm Damage Cleanup and Restoration
SERVPRO of Upper Darby responds immediately to your flood and storm damage emergencies. We have the storm damage restoration experience and specialized equipment to restore your home or business back to pre-storm condition.
Should a storm or major event strike, call (610) 352-0700
Why Choose SERVPRO of Upper Darby?
SERVPRO of Upper Darby is locally owned and operated, and serves Wayne, Radnor Township, Villanova, St. Davids, Ardmore Park, Haverford Township, Havertown, Upper Darby, Lansdowne, East Lansdowne, Drexel Hill, Clifton Heights, and the surrounding Delaware County communities.
Our certified cleaning and restoration specialist are faster to any size disaster. Providing emergency cleaning and restoration services 24 hours a day, 7 days a week—including all holidays. You can expect an immediate response time, day or night.
24/7 Fire Damage Restoration Service - 24/7 Water Damage Restoration Service - 24/7 Flood Damage Service - 24/7 Sewage Damage & Sewage Removal Service - 24/7 Mold Remediation Service - 24/7 Bio-hazard Cleanup - 24/7 Suicide & Crime Cleanup - 24/7 Board-up and Roof Tarping